Sunday, April 05, 2009

The great crust debate

Now I know that lots of kids are anti-bread crust. They eat the middle of their sandwiches and leave the crusts on their plates. As a kid I remember eating the crust first off my bread because I favored soft bread. I know crusts are dry and hard to swallow. However I am having a hard time swallowing the "fact" that quesadillas have "crusts" that Ashlyn will not eat. Here are two that I found on her plate after lunch today, as you can tell by the look on her face, she thinks I am the one who is crazy. What's the big deal mom?

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is hilarious!

Sarah said...

Really cute... the things that kids come up with! :)

J-Lo said...

quesadilla crusts...love it!

Thanks for the info on your photo squares. We don't have photoshop so I'll have to come up with an alternative. You've got me thinking:)

Katie Harding said...

Oh my goodness! That's hilarious! Quesadilla crusts! Are you kidding me?! I love the look on her face! Ya, she thinks you're crazy. "Common mom, you expect me to eat this!" ...kids

The Richardsons said...

Yeah that tortilla crust is tough to choke down, I hear ya kid! :)

Kimbur said...

i understand ashlyn i don't like the crust on my cheese quesadillas either

Clay said...

haha... that's really funny.

Jonathan and Shannon said...

We love it! Ben doesn't like crusts either...though I'm not sure he's thought about the crusts on a tortilla! I better not let him see the picture or it might give him ideas! I have somewhat of a solution for the bread crusts though--share them with the baby. I give the middle of the sandwich to Ben, and the crusts to Kylie (yep, we have a little girl now!). Great to see your family. This blogging stuff is pretty fun.

Unknown said...

Eat your dang quesaDILLa!