Thursday, April 12, 2007

The sad truth is that I have not posted a single thing since January 26th, and I wish I had a really good excuse, like going into labor or something, but I don't. In fact, now that I didn't go into labor conveniently during Brock's spring break last week, I now need to wait until at least Sunday so Brock doesn't miss out on some very important meeting/tests on Friday and Saturday. We'll see how compliant our new little girl will be.

So, I finally got the pictures off our camera, so lets catch up on what the Solano's have been up to lately.




Easter was fun with an egg hunt at the church Saturday morning that Ashlyn seemed to really enjoy after I showed her that the eggs had candy in them. We dyed some eggs Sunday morning, but Ashlyn just wanted to eat the eggs and try to grab the cups of brightly colored "juice". We hid more eggs Sunday morning around the house and Ashlyn got really excited this time raising the eggs up above her head, yelling yeah and shaking it whenever she found one. She didn't know how to react however when she came across the brain-shaped "stress ball" that Brock decided to hide along with the eggs. Ashlyn had also been excited about a new toy provided by Great-grandmother Plumb. An exercise trampoline with a hand crafted denim/sequin spring cover/pad. This girl loves to jump, and she always wants daddy to "come" and jump with her. She'll go grab his hand and "pull" him up off his chair and kind of makes a grunting sound like she is straining and using all her strength to help him up. I guess I just do that whenever I am trying to heft my 200 pounds around the house. If you tell her to jump high she'll jump and wave and say hi while she's jumping...a smart-alec in the making.

We've been enjoying some beautiful weather and try to get to the beach from time to time and take walks around town by the fountain or to the park. Ashlyn is expressing herself more and more with new words, and it keeps Brock and me on our toes. It gets tricky when she combines words into one like minethose and morethis. She is also revealing to me the phrases I must say a lot like "you ok?" and "here you go!" She also says "YES!" and "all right" and whenever we toss a ball to her, even if it hits her in the face, she says, "Nice!" She also just chatters a lot and has lots of things to say where she will intently look at you and thinks you should understand what she's saying. Bibo means rainbow, and Obie is Mowgli from the jungle book, but most of the other nouns she know are very clear like "trampoLINE!!" Ashlyn is now in the process of bringing me all of the plastic food from her kitchen, putting them on the computer desk, and telling me to eat. I guess she might be trying to tell me that she's hungry and that I should post this and get on with the day. Hopefully our next post will introduce the newest Solano to everyone, and that it won't be two months from now.





5 comments:

Cordell said...

As Brock's former roomate, I'm pretty sure the "Nice" comes from Brock.

Cordell said...

"morethis" might be from Brock too (not sure on that one).

Cordell said...

"roomate" is a Cordellism.

It is pronounced the same as roommate and means the same thing.

The Richardsons said...

Hey guys, glad to have you back! We really miss you all and have been trying to think of how in the heck we are going to get ourselves out there to visit, but no ideas yet... Ashlyn is getting so big and that easter dress picture of her is adorable (if you havent noticed by the vocabulary choice of words like "adorable", this is Melissa speaking) We can't wait to meet the new Solano whenever she decides to show up! Good luck!

whitney said...

finally! :) it's good to see a post from you guys. those a great pictures. what a crack up that ashlyn is. isn't it so fun to have toddlers? they always keep things exciting and interesting. we sure miss you guys. ben's looking for jobs right now, so maybe we'll end up in so. cal. that would be fun, huh? good luck with the baby. let us know when "it" pops out.