Monday, March 07, 2011

Tide Pools

When my brother Jesse came into town with his wife Cami and their two boys Ezra and Henry we all met up at the tide pools. My Dad also came with my sister Becca and her little boy Joshua. It was a beautiful brisk day, low tide was at 3, and Ashlyn was happy that her cousin Ezra did not mind that the water was freezing. They both got soaked jumping over the waves. The girls love exploring the pools. We did not make any amazing sea life discoveries aside from hermit crabs, anemone, and muscles (oh wait, I think those were just J-man's new muscles from P90X :)). We dug up tons of baby sand crabs, my dad worked on teaching the girls how to catch a football, and Joshua made sure the sand still tastes good.
I've lived here most of my life, but am still amazed to get gorgeous days like this in February.

1 comment:

becs said...

I love that picture of Ashlyn jumping the waves! I hope there are many more days at the beach like that one this year. (Joshua hopes so too so he can eat more sand)