Friday, September 24, 2010

Here is Warren Rockwood Solano. I managed to catch this little grin yesterday, and I think he was just happy that he survived his first week of life.
These tiny pacifiers always look so huge at the beginning. Warren is back up to his birth weight of 8 lbs 6 oz. Ashlyn helped me give the first sponge bath to Warren. She started kindergarten this year and is loving her class and her teacher. She is such a big help with Warren. She usually sleeps in until about 8am, while Claire is up at 7 every morning. However, lately it has become a contest of who can wake up first and hold Warren first. I wonder how long the novelty will last.
I had Claire try to reenact her facial expression. It was classical when it was genuine, but this staged expression is close. The little noises that come out of tiny little newborns are sometimes very shocking. I think Claire has used up at least a quarter bottle of our hand sanitizer getting herself prepped to hold Warren. The other day she cleaned her hands and I asked her to pick up a step she had brought out and put it away. She refused on the grounds that it would make her hands dirty again. :)
Lara's two favorite phrases right now are, "Hold him!?", and "Good boy". She shushes Warren and loves to rub and kiss his head while murmuring "good boy, good boy". I think she is hoping that he will take over the role of puppy in the girls pretend games and she can be promoted to a princess, or at least a human. Most of the time he sleeps right through her kisses and head pats, sometimes he'll fuss a little, but quiet down quickly. A minute after this picture below (what a cute little angry fact) is when I caught him smiling. He loves his loud sister Lara.
It amazes me how much newborns change in just a week. Here are two hospital shots and two from home.


Warren's sisters are very attentive to his needs. I love it when Lara will stand next to his little bassinet rubbing and kissing his head and then will turn to the rest of us and loudly shush us and remind us that the baby is sleeping and WE need to be quiet. This little guy can sleep through anything. The nurse took this picture at about 12:30am, it had been a long day. Warren was born at 11:58pm on September 16th. My doctor asked me to get induced so I wouldn't go past my due date and have the baby get too big. We checked in at 10 am Thursday morning. I got a little stir crazy waiting for the medicine to kick in and the contractions to start. I am not used to being in the hospital for that long.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome. You have an adorable bunch of kids.

Kristalyne said...

congratulations! warren is perfectly ADORABLE!!! :)

Marcie said...

Congratulations, Solanos! Love his name and he is adorable. You'll never have to worry about him not getting enough attention with your adorable girls!

Katie said...

I love the post. Elijah is the puppy at our house too. Eve is constantly putting a leash on and leading him around the house or yard. I guess 2 year olds are a bit like puppies...