Monday, September 29, 2008

To Do or not to Hairdo?

I face a daily inner struggle. Claire has a great head of hair with lots of styling potential. However, clips and rubber bands will only last a short while. As soon as she has a moment to get bored and contemplate the fact that something is in her hair, she will find a way to pull it out. So we usually leave the house cute and reach our destination with hair out, shoes off, but way more comfortable. Rubber bands last longer, but leave crazy crimps and bends in the hair as shown above. Clips are worthless. With Ashlyn it was easy because I just needed a bow and some elmers glue to make her bald head a little more fancy until she was 18 months. I guess with Claire I will just have to stick with it until she learns to leave her hair alone. Any suggestions or miracle clips out there? Or did I seal my fate by not putting elastic headbands around her head from birth to get her used to having something on her head?

7 comments:

whitney said...

i'm sorry, i have no wisdom in little girls' hair. but claire is darling! i can't believe how old she looks!

flip flop mama said...

Well if you sealed her fate I did with Rachel....This is a hard time but you just gotta go with it! She'll look darling with or without her hair done! What a cutie!

The Richardsons said...

I made the miraculous discovery that if I did the hairdo where you make pigtails but don't pull the hair all the way through the last loop (so it makes that little bun-like loop of hair) and told Aliyah they were her "monkey ears" she would leave them in! Go figure! Other than that I just usually end up digging in the depths of her car seat to find the lost elastics and try to salvage some kind of ponytail :)

Emily said...

I do that with Ashlyn and call them cat ears, and she loves them. I also bribed Ashlyn with ice cream if she didn't mess with her hair at church when she finally had hair, but she was old enough to bribe then, and I don't have to now. Claire loves me doing her hair since she see's me doing Ashlyn's, but she will not keep it in long. I have back-up rubber-bands in all my ash trays in the car so Claire doesn't look too much like an orphan in public.

Lizzie said...

That is so adorable! My little boys hair is really wild too but just the fact that he is a boy makes it alright.

Missy said...

I think that hairdo looks great! It reminds me of a hairdo Brock would sport. We really had fun hanging out with you guys. It's your turn to come to Utah now. You can come take a cruise on the Great Salt Lake.

Lacey said...

well my experience is it doesn't matter, i started young with lizzy putting bands in and she worn them till the last 6 months or so she decided she was independent enough to do what she wanted. stages.. all about stages.